S elfless Service
P ersonal Courage
What these values mean:
Leadership - to bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution and your peers.
Duty - to fulfill your obligations
Respect - to treat people as they should be treated
Selfless Service - to put the welfare of the nation...before your own
Honor - to live up to all values.
Integrity - to do what is right, legally and morally.
Personal Courage - to face fear, danger, or adversity
The 11 Principles of Leadership
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
- Be technically and tactically proficient.
- Know your subordinates and look out for their welfare.
- Keep your subordinates informed.
- Set the example.
- Insure the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished.
- Train your subordinates as a team.
- Make sound and timely decisions.
- Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates.
- Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.